Due to an IT-disruption, our original application portal is temporarily not available. We thus switched to an alternative application portal. We are therefore extending the deadline for submissions until May 2nd, 2023.
Some general information about the evaluation process: All applications will be evaluated on their scientific validity and motivation. You may be invited for an online interview between May 30th and June 1st. Invitations for these interviews will be send on very short notice. If you pass the online interviews, you will be invited to a virtual interview symposium on June 5th and 6th. The invitations to the interviews will contain more information how to prepare.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as this facilitates the evaluation in view of the short processing time.
Please apply here, select ‘Fully funded PhD positions at EpiCrossBorders’ and follow strictly the application guidelines. Only these applications will be considered.
Please submit the following documents in 3 pdf files
1.) Your CV
2.) Motivation: one combined pdf with the following information
- abstracts of your Bachelor’s and Master’s thesis projects (max 150 words each)
- If the Master’s project is not your most important project, please provide a short abstract of your most recent project (max 150 words)
- please indicate up to three preferred PhD projects (see: https://www.helmholtzresearchschool-epigenetics.org/research-training-career/projects-of-2022/index.html)
- e-mail addresses of two referees (please inform them that we might contact them on short notice)
- indicate your lab / computational experience
- Explain your leadership experience (max. 300 words)
- Motivation letter (max 500 words): Why are you applying for the EpiCrossBorders? Do you have a particular interest in Epigenetics?
3.) Certificates: Please combine to one pdf file (in this order)
Master Transcript of records
Bachelor Transcript of records
High School Certificate
English Proficiency (if possible)
Please provide the grade of your highest degree in the indicated boxes (highest possible grades, minimal passing grade and your grades).
If you are interested pursuing a scientific career centered on epigenetics research among world-leading scientists in a dynamic, international research environment, then we look forward to your application. Please find details of our current projects here.
Please read the entry requirements in the Eligibility section carefully before using the online application system. Additional information is provided in the FAQs.